Title: this is (not) YATES
Date: Friday, April 18
Time: 5 pm
Place: Tapps Art Center
1. What is your connection to the South?
-Proud product of Fayettenam. Life goal: Own a purple single-wide and live on the side of a mountain in western North Carolina.
2. Where did you get your inspiration for this work?
-Lots of disparate ideas fueled by whiskey and realized because of an academic deadline. Thanks, Sasha.
3. How did you start making films?
-My lifelong homies, Eric and Jay, had a Hi-8 camcorder and we would film ourselves skateboarding, hanging out, and being miscreants. I don’t think those interests ever really phased out. Farts will always make me smile.
4. Did anything interesting or funny happen on set during the shooting?
-I was shooting by myself and I don’t remember much outside of having a conversation about the weather with a custodian that night.
5. What do you look forward to the most during Indie Grits?
-Much missed southern hospitality, good eats, and warm weather.
6. Why should someone see your film?
-Because it’s about you. And because I’ll be there to buy you a White Russian if you don’t like it.